Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking back at 2008!!!

Assalamu alaikum!!!

2009 is almost here! Finally! So much stuff has happened... where do I start? Here's a list, from the top of my head, and it's in order from January till now (I Googled the events to get the dates) :

  • Price of petroleum rose over US $100.00 a barrel (January 2nd) BAD
  • The 2008 Summer Olympics take place (August 8 to 24) GOOD
  • This blog was created!!! (August 22nd) GOOD
  • Asif Ali Zardari becomes President of Pakistan (September 9th, 2008) HORRIBLE
  • The Marriott in Islamabad is attacked (September 20th) BAD
  • Global Financial Crisis! (September to now) BAD
  • Barack Obama elected 44th President of the U.S. (November 4th) OKAY
  • Cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe (November/December) BAD
  • Petroleum prices hit a record low in five years (December) GOOD
  • Israel launches attacks on Palestinian civilians (December 27th to now) HORRIBLE
  • Dubai leaders cancel New Years celebration due to the Israeli attacks (right now) THEY DID A GOOD THING
If 2008 gets one point for every good thing, one point taken away for every bad thing, two points taken away for every horrible thing, and every "okay" or something like that thing remains neutral, then 2008 gets :

-5

Yeah, negative five (-5). Pretty lousy. In Sha' Allah 2009 will be better.

Assalamu alaikum, and happy new year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum!!

Today's NEW YEAR!! Happy New Year everybody!! And anyway, I liked 2008. It's my favorite year. It has a cool name too!! I don't care about the news that happened and what made the year "HORRIBLE or GOOD" I just care about what happened in my lifetime in 2008. So I basically think that 2008 was my favorite year and I liked it.

Salaam

PS:Let's see how 2009 turns out to be!!

Yousuf said...

Favorite year??? When Zardari became our president, leader, and representative in the world????

I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

It still is my favorite year, but I didn't like that that happened.

Yousuf said...

It totally ruined the whole year.

But, 2007 was worse because of Laal Masjid massacre.